Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: XRF / XRD Technician – Mines
- Responsible for performing XRF & XRD new methods, Maintenance, Calibration, Standardisation.
- Handling PAnalytical AXIOS WD-XRF Zatium, XRD, OXI Fusion, Handheld XRF.
- Sample preparation for fused Bead by OXI fusion with Lithium Tetra borate, Sodium Tetra borate.
- Application set-up, standardisation, calibration, Maintenance, Integrate of XRF/XRD.
- ability to recognize / troubleshoot problems with XRF/XRD instruments
- Interface & Intensity correction, Reference Peak Spectra, Check angle, PHD.
- Data acquisition & Calculation, Review, Validation.
- Quality control activities basis of Routine/Daily/Monthly.
- Scheduling all instruments for Annual Maintenance (AMC’s).
- Retesting, Replicating, Maintaining CRM’s and SRM’s, preparing the SOP’s and standards for cost control, maintaining all documents works as per NABL/ISO norms.
- Conducting Rejection Analysis and taken corrective & preventive actions, maintaining 5’S and Prepared Material Handling Data sheet(MSDS), maintaining manpower as per shift schedule, Participate in safety meetings & awareness of all safety norms
- Awareness of NABL (17025-2005), ISO – QMS (9K), EMS (14K), OHSAS (18K).
For WET Analysis:
- Iron ore, Manganese Ore, Tin-Tantalum, Lead-Zinc, All Ferro Alloys & Pure Metal (Steel, Nickel & Aluminium) for steel Making, DRI, HBI & Scrape
- Fluxes (Brunt Lime, Brunt Megnesite, Fluorspar, Lime Stone & Dolomite, Dephosphorizing Agent.
- Proximate, Ultimate and Chemical Analysis of Carburizers (Coke, Coal, Carbon Wire),
- Calculate Gross Calorific Value, Swelling Index, CRI/CSI, RI/RDI, Tumbler Index and Shatter Index.
- Refractories, Slag the by Product of Steel Making.
- ISO/IEC 17025:2005 (NABL) Technical Audit, ISO 9001, ASME U, U2 & N Stamp Audits.
- Monitor and review the results of the quality assurance/control program, analyse laboratory data and recommend treatment modifications, present data analysis in tabular and graphical forms.
- Maintain accurate and thorough records of laboratory procedures and results, ensure compliance with government regulations, prepare analytical work sheets and reports.
- Collect samples and report findings.
- Oversee and participate in the preparation of chemical reagents.
- Perform the most complex and difficult laboratory analysis, develop new methods and techniques of analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Instrumental & Control Engineering or any other related field
- Should have used Instrument like; PAnalytical AXIOS WD-XRF Zatium, XRD, Olympus M-Series Handheld XRF, Leco Gas Analyzer and Carbon Sulphur Analyzer, ICP-OES, AAS, Flame photo Meter, Core Cutter Machine, Density meter, PH Meter, Pulveriser, Hot Plate, OVEN, Muffle Furnace., Spectro photo Meter, Bomb Calorie Meter.
Should have a working knowledge of:
- Laboratory techniques, equipment, terminology and procedures.
- Principles and practices of qualitative and quantitative chemistry.
- Principles of chemical and physical analysis.
- Mathematical calculations used in chemical analyses.
- Proper sample collection procedures and techniques.
- Modern laboratory procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Advanced modern technology.
- Principles of lead supervision and training.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
Application Closing Date
10th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.