Study awards provide students with an opportunity to be educated. So for supporting students, the University of Queensland is providing the Osiecki Honours Scholarships in Classics for international students. The programme is open for the academic year 2020/2021.
The bursary aims to inspire and help students from classical and historical disciplines to undertake journeys to enhance their studies.
The University of Queensland Information
Founded in 1909, The University of Queensland is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the medium-sized town of St Lucia (population range of 10,000-49,999 inhabitants), Queensland. This institution has also branch campuses in the following location(s): Herston, Gatton. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Department of Education and Training, Australia, The University of Queensland (UQ) is a very large (uniRank enrollment range: over-45,000 students) coeducational higher education institution. The University of Queensland (UQ) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. This 109 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on students’ past academic record and grades. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Honours programme in Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must submit an application to the Head, by the closing date for applications.
- Be either enrolled in the honours year of the approved program or has submitted an application for admission to the honours program.
- Does not hold another scholarship that the Head considers to be similar.
The funding programme will provide the following benefits:
- The value of The grant is $6,250 per year paid in two instalments
- Senate may award 2 Scholarships in a year on the recommendation of the Head.
- How to Apply: To be considered for the opportunity s, applicants must admission in an Honours degree programme at the University of Queensland. After that, candidates must have to submit the program application form. Please email the completed form and documentation to Dr. Janette McWilliam j.mcwilliam-at-uq.edu.au.
- Supporting Documents: Must attach a copy of an academic transcript, evidence of full-time enrolment in the current year and any other evidence as outlined in the program rules, a statement outlining your background in Classics and Ancient History to date, a summary of your academic achievement to date, any extra-curricular activities, and how the program travel will support your Honours thesis.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students are required to meet the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information go through the English language requirements page.
APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY ABROAD
1. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN FINLAND 2020-2021
2. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN DENMARK 2020-2021