The University of Otago has set up a very beneficial International Pathway Scholarship scheme indented to attract and assist promising international students to acquire education in New Zealand.
This scholarship package will benefit to only those students who are applying for the University of Otago Foundation Year programme in the academic year 2020-21.
University of Otago Information
Founded in 1869, University of Otago is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the large town of Dunedin (population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants), Otago. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Ministry for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment, New Zealand, University of Otago is a large (uniRank enrollment range: 20,000-24,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. University of Otago offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment.
- Eligible Countries: International students are invited
- Eligible Course or Subjects: University of Otago foundation year programme in any field
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Candidates should not New Zealand citizens or permanent residents; and
- Candidates should have an offer of a place for the University of Otago Foundation Year.
This support will give the award of NZ$4,000 to help students with tuition fees so that they can focus on their education.
- How to Apply: Applicants need to enrol in a foundation year programme at the University of Otago before the deadline. There is no separate application for this application . Applicants can describe their interest in the program in their introduction letter that must be sent with the application for admission.
- Supporting Documents: The following must be sent as supporting materials of application:
- A brief letter of introduction, requesting the program. Applicants must also describe their academic achievements to date, their work habits and their academic goals in this letter
- Pre-qualification degree
- Copies of academic transcripts and award
- Certificates of English language proficiency
- A statement
- A copy of passport
- Admission Requirements: Admission requirements are varied depending on your nationality. Please go through this link to get more information.
- Language Requirement: If you are a non-native English speaker, then you can provide proof of your proficiency in the English language through one of the following courses:
- IELTS Indicator
- iBT TOEFL
- TOEFL (Paper-Based)
- TOEFL (Computer-Based)
- Cambridge FCE
- Cambridge CAE
- Cambridge CPE
- Duolingo English Test
- GCE O-Level English
- GCE A-Level English
- HK CEE (English Syllabus B)
- HK ALE (Use of English)
- SPM Bahasa Inggeris
- Pearson Test of English (Academic).
APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING SCHOLARSHIPS TO STUDY ABROAD
1. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN SAUDI ARABIA 2020-2021
2. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN SINGAPORE 2020-2021