If you have a dream of studying overseas with educational support, then you can apply for the Terry Healy Memorial International Awards funded by the University of Waikato in New Zealand. The programme is open to worldwide students for the academic session 2020/2021.
The objective of this educational award is to support postgraduate students to access specialized analytical equipment, to conduct fieldwork, or to present research outcomes at a scientific conference.
University of Waikato Information
Established in 1964, University of Waikato is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the suburban setting of the large town of Hamilton (population range of 50,000-249,999 inhabitants), Waikato. This institution has also branch campuses in the following location(s): Tauranga. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Ministry for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment, New Zealand, University of Waikato (UoW) is a large (uniRank enrollment range: 10,000-14,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. University of Waikato (UoW) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. This 55 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on students’ past academic record and grades. The admission rate range is 60-70% making this New Zealand higher education organization a somewhat selective institution. International applicants are eligible to apply for enrollment.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Masters or Doctoral degree in Earth Sciences.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be enrolled or intending to enrol, part- or full-time, in a master or doctoral degree in Earth Sciences.
- Not be in receipt of other awards providing significant funds and/or not receiving substantial financial assistance under a research contract.
The University of Waikato will provide a scholarship of up to $2,000 that will be paid directly into the recipients’ bank account for the academic session 2020/2021.
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity s, candidates must take admission in a Masters or Doctoral degree programme at the University of Waikato. After getting registered, applicants must complete and submit an online application.
- Supporting Documents: Must upload the prescribed Personal Statement form that includes the given subheadings: a brief description of the nature of the research being conducted or proposed, a brief description of the progress achieved to date, details of the purpose for which the award is sought and financial hardship/special needs relevant to the conducted/proposed
- Admission Requirements: support will be awarded on the basis of merit, but will also take into consideration other special conditions of financial hardship, special needs, and the motivation of the applicant.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof. Please see the English Language Requirements section for more details.
APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY ABROAD
2. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY UAE 2020-2021