The Nigeria Field Support Services Project (FSSP) is a project designed by Canada to assist in ensuring quality and relevance of Canada development program in responding to Nigeria’s development challenges by providing access to technical expertise with local knowledge and experience, sector studies and strategies, program-level monitoring, and support to Canada’s donor coordination and aid effectiveness activities. In Nigeria FSSP provides, among others, access to specific local knowledge and expertise that broadens Canada’s understanding of local development issues and informs the design of sound development strategies.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Technical Specialist (Expert) on Environment
Job Description / Requirements
- FSSP is currently compiling a list of experts that can be called on by Canada for short-term assignments (1-6 months) in Nigeria in the Environment Sector.
- Minimum Years of Relevant Experience:10
- Expected Years of Experience in Nigeria: 5
- Experience with or for a bilateral or multilateral development institution preferred;
- Demonstrated experience working with government and/or donors in a technical capacity on a variety of sectorial related issues, with attention to project planning, budgeting and monitoring, including in government-donor coordination groups;
- Verifiable experience providing advice, including drafting briefing notes, sectoral analyses, and monitoring and assessment reports for senior decision-makers in donor agencies, government or civil society organizations or private sector;
- And, demonstrated experience in performing monitoring and/or external evaluation.
Application Closing Date
7th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (with area of specialization on top) and daily fee in Canadian Dollars (CAD) to: info_FSSP_NG@transtec.be