Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNI) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNI is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNI currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Global Fund is a 21st-century partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics. Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases. The Global Fund raises and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities most in need. Since 2003, the Global Fund has invested more than 1.4 billion dollars in the fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria in Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Database
Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Technical Officer – Database will be responsible for the day to day operations of data processing.
- S/he is responsible for the planning, maintenance and development of AHNI databases.
The database approach incorporates the following principles:
- Data remains consistent across the database;
- Data is clearly defined;
- Users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs;
- There is provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency). The application design includes web, desktop and mobile GIS applications.
- Other responsibilities include the design and creation of special products, including maps, digital data, reports and statistics.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent with 5 — 7 years post national youth service relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA Geographic Information Systems, Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent, and 3 — 5 years post national youth service relevant experience.
- Strong background in geospatial and heath information systems (GIS) and/or database management is required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their suitability statement (application) and CV as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-M&EJobs@ahnigeria.org using the “Job Title and Location” as the subject of the email.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNI does not charge candidates a fee for a test or Interview.