Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNI) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNI is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNI currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Global Fund is a 21st-century partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics. Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases. The Global Fund raises and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities most in need. Since 2003, the Global Fund has invested more than 1.4 billion dollars in the fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria in Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: System Enhancement Accountant
Contract Type: Fixed Term
- System Enhancement Accountant will report to the Associate Director-Finance & Administration, will be responsible for continuous improvement of financial systems and compliance levels at the State offices in the country
- Working with the Compliance Unit to identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; prioritizes areas to be addressed
- Working with staff to develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- BSc. in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 5- 7 years relevant experience, or
- MSc. in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience in accounting and accounting principles sufficient to prepare complex and detailed financial and budgetary analyses.
- Experience in financial reporting, and financial management systems applications.
- Experience with USAID-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria.
- CPA, ACA or recognized equivalent is required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their suitability statement (application) and CV as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-F&AJobs@ahnigeria.org using the “Job Title and Location” as the subject of the email.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Disclaimer: AHNI does not charge candidates a fee for a test or Interview.