ACADEMIC REQUIREMENT TO STUDY IN SWEDEN
In order to study in Sweden, you’ll need to meet general entry requirements in addition to program-specific entry requirements. You can find specific requirements for different academic programs in Sweden on university websites. When you’re ready to apply, you’ll use universityadmissions.se to submit the necessary paperwork according to both sets of guidelines.
Requirements for a Bachelor Degree
In order to meet the general entry requirements for bachelor’s level studies, all students must:
- have successfully completed their upper secondary (high school) education (post-16).
- be able to demonstrate proficiency in English. The entry requirement for studies at the bachelor’s level in Sweden is the equivalent of the Swedish upper secondary course English 6. See English Language Requirements.
For students who received their final school grades after 31 December 2009, there is an additional entry requirement for mathematics as follows:
- The student must have successfully completed courses in mathematics to reach the level of the Swedish courses Mathematics 1a, 1b or 1c.
A note about previous university studies:
If you have previous university studies, you must submit your upper secondary (high school) qualifications in addition to your university qualifications. For some courses and programs, students are only offered places based on their upper secondary qualifications and NOT on their university qualifications.
Requirements for a Master Degree
To meet the entry requirements for master’s level (second cycle or graduate) studies, you must:
- have been awarded a Bachelor’s degree (equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen) from an internationally recognized university.
- be able to demonstrate proficiency in English. You can do this by means of an internationally recognized test, such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. Previous upper secondary studies or university studies completed in some countries can also meet the requirement. Check the website of the university where you would like to study for more information about language requirements as they determine what level is required for Master’s course and program.
Requirements for a PhD Program
Generally speaking, to be admitted to a PhD program, you must:
- Hold a university degree equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or higher with a focus in the same subject as the intended field of study. In most cases, a master’s degree is required. Previous studies must have included a degree thesis presenting the results of independent research.
- Have a good command of English. Skills in Swedish are also important in some subjects where lectures and seminars are conducted in Swedish.
Further specific admission requirements are set by the department that has advertised the position.
VISA REQUIREMENTS TO STUDY IN SWEDEN
International students are required to obtain the Swedish Residency Permit(student visa) to study at any Swedish university. For this, students require the following documents:
- A valid passport with a minimum validity of 6 months, at the time of application
- Class X/XII or Bachelor’s mark sheet
- Enrollment letter from chosen Swedish University
- Certification of available finances such as
- Scholarship letter
- Bank loan receipt
- Bank statement
- Proof of health insurance
- An essay on “Why you want to study in Sweden?”
Students must note that the entire visa process will take up to 90 days and will cost around 1000 SEK (11 USD).
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY ABROAD
1. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN DENMARK 2021-2022
2. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN FRANCE 2021-2022
3. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN GERMANY 2021-2022
4. LATEST SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY ABROAD 2021-2022