Amborg Global Resources Limited is an Engineering, Construction, Facilities Management and Real Estate Development Company. A company incorporated in November 2008 and commencing full operation in January 2010. At AGR Limited, we go the extra mile; we continue where others stop. Our attention to detail and quest to exceed the expectations of our clients set us apart from the pack. We pride ourselves in the testimonials of our returning clients and the referrals of our finished products.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Engineer
- The Site Engineer reports primarily tthe Project Manager and secondarily tthe Head, Civil Engineering. S/he will be responsible for overseeing the effective implementation and construction of the plan design for any project. The incumbent will offer advice in the planning, co-ordination and supervision of all technical aspect of the construction site.
- The duties of the Site Engineer includes; managing, developing and maintaining construction projects; conducting on-site investigations, and overseeing all building-related activities. Responsibilities will alsinclude solving technical issues, supervising construction workers and analyzing data as well as assessing potential risks.
- Act as the main technical and management lead on the construction site.
- Manage, monitor and interpret all aspects of the approved drawings provided for the project.
- Ensure accurate setting out and leveling of the work in accordance with the drawings/specifications.
- Check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Ensure quality control and testing of work and materials is carried out in accordance with the specification requirement.
- Oversee the selection and requisition of materials.
- Agree a price for materials and make cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project.
- Liaise with subcontractors, supervisors, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- Liaise with the local government authorities tensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws.
- Carry out day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors.
- Plan the work and efficiently organize the site facilities tmeet the agreed deadlines.
- Oversee quality control and health and safety matter on site.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of own activity related tthe ongoing construction site tenable traceability.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Maintain quality and environmental control procedures while fulfilling AGR health and safety policy.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- BSc in Civil Engineering, Building Technology or a similar field is preferred.
- MSc is an added advantage.
- At least 10 years proven work experience in civil engineering/construction.
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D or similar.
- Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, regulatory approvals.
- Project management and supervision skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- License of a professional engineer.
- Strong reporting skills
- Strong organization skills
- Proven experience with flat slab construction is compulsory
- Excellent detail orientation
- Knowledge of workflow processes
- Ability twork under considerable pressure tdeliver on fixed deadlines.
Application Closing Date
5pm 27th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Position Title as the subject of their email application.