Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, a leading Automobile Company group, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Service Manager
- To achieve the highest possible level of customer satisfaction by providing consistent and efficient maintenance and repair services to the vehicles distributed by the company.
- Organize and supervise the activities of all allocated workshop staff in a safe and efficient manner in line with company policy and procedures.
- Ensure that all repair and service work performed in the Service Department is done in an efficient and correct manner in line with manufacturers’ and company policy and procedures
- Monitor and improve productive staff efficiency and workmanship sales to a minimum of 80% of available hours.
- Supervise and monitor the allocation of work to ensure that there is appropriate staff members with sufficient experience and technical ability.
- Propose, implement and monitor service procedures to improve the quality of repairs and servicing.
- Implement and maintain the Group operational practices as defined by management and company policy.
- Ensure the correct use of all communication equipment and manufacturers’ information by all Workshop staff.
- Ensure that all service and repair related literature and information are accurate and distributed to the Service Department staff.
- Complete and submit reports and analysis to management, manufacturers and suppliers in an accurate and timely manner.
- Recommend improvements in facilities, equipment and procedures within the Service Department.
- Handle customer service queries and complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
- Propose and implement marketing strategy in conjunction with the Parts Officer and Aftersales Manager of branches to increase service department sales.
- Regularly meet with the Parts Officer to assess and resolve parts and service-related issues, with minutes and action plan formally documented.
- Monitor and ensure that service department staff request the correct parts at all times.
- Supervise and monitor locally purchased goods and services ensuring that price and quality are in accordance with the company policy and standards.
- Promote and maintain a safe and clean working environment within the Service Department.
- Ensure all equipment and tools are used correctly, maintained and accounted for at all times.
- Ensure that all staff within the department adheres to company policies and procedures at all times.
- Train service staff to use tools, equipment, manufacturer’s manual and specification etc.
- Assess and recommend staff departmental training needs and requirements.
- Perform any other job-related duties that may be assigned by his/her direct manager.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Between 8 – 10 years post-NYSC relevant work experience in the automobile service industry with minimum of 3 years managerial experience
- Dynamic, self-motivated with good leadership qualities and an understanding of team management
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Packages.
- Abreast of current automotive engineering technology
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good understanding of accounting procedures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We thank all applicants, however, only those selected will be contacted.