eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior UI / UX Designer
Department: GHI Projects & Shared Resources
Employment Type: Full-Time National Employee
Purpose of the Position
- The Senior UI/UX Designer would be well versed in the design process with emphasis on UI/Visual Design and operate in a fast-paced environment.
- The ideal candidate has experience working in within creative agencies, in fast-paced environments.
- The ideal candidate will not only have excellent interaction and visual design skills but also be able to clearly and confidently articulate choice of design direction to support business goals.
What You’ll Do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Deliver high quality, polished applications to drive our product vision and roadmap
- Champion best-in-industry design principles while supporting ongoing strategic initiatives
- Develop high-level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Working with developers on the team to help deliver a polished product
- Produce detailed production-ready visual specifications ready to pass-off to engineers.
- Quickly iterate on multiple visual design explorations to arrive at a simple, but a robust solution, accounting for complex requirements.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and making constructive suggestions for change
- Source all current UI/UX product opportunities, including support for the platform and product needs
- Build out UI artifacts, in addition to assisting our Senior UX Designer with UX experiences and research
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of stakeholders to design capabilities that define the next generational products
Who You Are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- BA/BSc in Interaction Design, Visual Communication Design, Graphic Design or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in research and design for web, mobile, and emerging platforms
- Have a strong online portfolio and results in digital (web and app) applications
- Experience designing with style guides and pattern libraries and using a variety of tools like Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, OmniGraffle, Sketch, etc.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering innovative, elegant designs working under broad directives with minimal hand-holding or oversight
- Experience with collaborating on and present work to a range of stakeholders – executives, engineers, product managers, business leaders, researchers, other UX, and visual designers.
- Demonstrate proficiency in graphic design, animation, typography, iconography, color theory, and visual layout.
- Experience championing responsive design principles.
- Proficient in UI design tools like Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Proven experience in storyboarding, wireframing and creating design specifications.
- Curiosity, creativity, and a problem-solving attitude is a must.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across the organization.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design or related field.
- A creative self-starter, team player with the ability to multi-task and focus.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Flexibility to work longer hours and meet tight deadlines as needs may require.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
Our Core Values:
- We believe strongly in our mission and our core values and our teams are most successful when they do also.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
CALL US TODAY FOR YOUR CV AND COVER LETTER WRITING CLICK HERE TO APPLY