Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a full-service law firm with international reach and an exceptional breadth of services who takes pride in providing strategic and pragmatic legal guidance is currently looking to engage the services of the position below:
Job Title: Senior Legal Associate
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Type: Full Time
Experience: Six (6) years of post-qualification experience.
- The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and experienced Associate with tested specialist skills to work in our various practice areas.
- You will advise on technical,strategic,and procedural aspects across the spectrum of problems although the focus will be providing advice on a broad range of legal and commercial matters, be involved in negotiations, and legal drafting.
- You will be required to demonstrate significant experience and breadth of knowledge in litigation. To proffer sound legal advice, diligently conduct cases, and represent clients to achieve a favorable outcome.
- Your activities will also include providing advice concerning companies,share holder issues, director duties, investments, banking, and other financial transactions, and all respects of the regulatory framework within which our clients must operate.
Negotiation and review of agreements:
- Negotiate, draft, and finalize terms and conditions for a wide range of agreements and contracts and other legal documents (such as service agreements, master agreements, financing agreements, supply agreements, lease, and construction agreements, joint venture agreements, joint study and bid agreement, joint operating agreements, non-disclosure agreements).
- Receive and review judicial and arbitral processes.
Legal advisory services and legal support:
- Receive requests for legal advice from current and potential clients and decide on the most appropriate responses to make to these requests.
- Utilize various tracing techniques and strategies to obtain the correct and current contact information of debtors;
Commercial And Litigation Reporting:
- Regularly write articles and prepare various reports for different internal and external audiences.
- To provide high-quality legal service to all clients.
- To develop and maintain a productive and strong client relationship
- To establish and sustain relationships with other professionals
- To respect Partners, Senior Associates, Staff and clients, and in turn earn their respect;
- Support senior fee earners by providing technically sound legal advice directly to clients with appropriate supervision
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct while generating adequate practice income, ensuring that the fees earned sufficiently exceed total costs and expenses incurred.
- Attend and represent at client meetings.
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and force issuing of the engagement letter and preparing fee notes
- Responsible for ensuring effective management of time, effort, and resources to generate maximum efficiencies.
- To make appropriate/constructive recommendations for service improvement and participate in the growth and development of the units/departments/firm;
- Make a constructive contribution to the non-chargeable activities of the firm
- Undertake special task and perform other related duties as assigned under departmental and Firm’s objectives
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Degree in Law and having obtained a 2:1 or above although applications of those with 2:2 may be considered.
- Master of Laws LLM will be an added advantage.
- At least six (6) years post qualification experience with a reputable firm.
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria (ICSAN) will be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proactive and strong team-working ethos. Articulate and confident, able to summarize, and present arguments quickly and concisely.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be keen to innovate and be successful at formulating and implementing strategies and plans.
- First-rate communication skills – both written and verbal and ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the firm
- Be committed to a process of continual improvement.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills with the ability to juggle conflicting priorities.
- A self-starter, able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation, but also work closely with other team members and displaying trust and loyalty.
- Ability to manage assigned tasks in an assertive, efficient, and timely manner.
- A willingness to demonstrate the Firm’s values in all aspects of behavior.
Application Closing Date
5th October 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV only to: email@example.com Using the role “Senior Legal Associate” as the subject of your application.
Note: Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only.