PiggyTech Global Limited (“PiggyVest”), is a financial service company that helps customers achieve financial freedom through responsible savings and on-the-go investment. PiggyVest is the largest online savings and investing platform in Nigeria. With a growing user base of over 1.2 million customers, PiggyVest is growing its suite of innovative products to further help people better at financial management and planning.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Location: Lagos, NG
Job Type: Full-Time
Reporting to: Chief Operations Officer
- We are looking for an experienced Senior Finance Officer to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
- Senior Senior Finance Officer responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures.
- A successful Senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
- The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating. Senior accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Manage all accounting tasks
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into the department’s goal-setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with regulatory principles
- Liaise with our COO to improve financial procedures
These are not all the outcomes you will be expected to achieve, but some of the primary ones:
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
- Summarize financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Produce payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product.
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors.
- We strive to be an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this process will be expected
- At least 5 years’ experience as a financial officer, controller, accounting supervisor, chief or senior accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end / year-end close process
- Hands-on experiences with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant courses.
- Accounting certifications (e.g. ICAN, CMA or CPA) will be added advantages
- Experience with (fin)tech startups will be prioritized
- Full time. The pattern of hours may vary according to operational needs and generally work will be carried out during normal office hours. PiggyVest is a flexible employer.
- Holidays: 14 working days per annum, plus statutory holidays
- Contract: This is a permanent contract. The period of notice is 3 months in writing on each side. There is a probationary period of 6 months.
- N6M – 7.8M Net Annual Salary
- Housing Bonus
- Discretionary Quarterly Performance Bonus
- 13th Month Salary
- Healthcare, Pension, Taxes
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online