George Houston Resources Limited – Our client, an IT Company who is a technology solutions provider and systems integrator, specializing in delivering innovative IT Consulting, IT Security, Cloud, Mobility, Infrastructure solutions and services is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security System Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking to engage a capable System Security Engineer, who has a passion for cyber security and possesses both deep and wide expertise in the IT security space.
- He/She should be able to provide technical, product and business knowledge to support the sales process, implement, support and strengthen customer relationships.
Specific areas of responsibility that you will be responsible for include but are not limited to the following:
- Design and architect solution to meet and solve customer challenges.
- Engage in presales activities including customer meeting, demo/POV and support already implemented FPG solutions.
- Solution implementation and support of new and existing customer’s environment including firewalls, encryption, web security, email security, privilege identity management, DLP and other security solution suites.
- Liaising with first & second level support.
- Low-level security design & rollout.
- Issue resolution (fault diagnosis & analysis).
- Engineering, implementing and monitoring security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information/corporate data.
- Identifying and defining system security requirements.
- Designing computersecurity architecture and developing detailed cyber security designs.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Configure and troubleshoot security solution/infrastructure.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Identify/generate and execute initiatives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term pre-sales engagement, project implementation and revenue generation.
- Other related functions as may be requested by the Employer or your Manager.
- Reports directly to the Head of Technology Unit.
Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Training:
- A minimum of a B.Eng. / B.Tech. in Electronics / Electrical / Mechanical / Computer Engineering, Information Technology or any related field.
- A Masters’ Degree will be added advantage.
- Possesion of ITIL certification.
- CCSE and CCSA certifications are a must.
- CISSP/ CISM, CompTIA Security, CEH or other equivalent certifications.
- A minimum of 2-5years of related experience in IT Security with record of accomplishments in this role.
- A minimum of 3 years’ presales, implementation and post-sales experience.
- Experience working in mixed Windows/Linux, database, Enterprise backup and disaster recovery solutions and virtualized/physical server environments.
- Experience in threat modeling and risk assessment, Firewall, Endpoint security and penetration testing, Incident Handling and Management, application security and secure API
- Project Management experience.
- Hands on experience in security systems deployment including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, DDOS solutions, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, SIEM, vulnerability-scanning, web gateway, proxy appliances, NAC, and antivirus tools etc.
- Assess system vulnerabilities by deploying penetration testing.
- Experience with network security, networking technologies, systems security, and network monitoring tools.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
- Superior breadth of experience in network administration and information security
- Excellent proficiency in implementing the following solutions: Checkpoint Security Technologies (VPN, remote access, MTP etc.) FireEye, Symantec solution, CyberArk, Entrust, Safenet etc.
- Familiar with encryption firewalls authorization methodologies and Web filtering authentication
- Strong relationship management and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across several departments and services as well as external stakeholders.
- Adaptability to a proactive and flexible approach to work and be comfortable with a dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Tenacity, Loyalty, Commitment, Passion, Drive.
What are the details?
- Exciting independent role: the sky is the limit, high levels of autonomy, but with established support.
- Full-time position, 09:00-17:00, Monday-Friday, based in Lekki, Lagos.
- Competitive remuneration
- Career development and growth
- Great work style and an awesome team.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Cover Letter and Resume) to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.