Sevan Construction Nigeria Limited was established in 1981 with Registration No. RC 37125 as a limited liability company specialized in all kinds of “PEB”: Pre-Engineered Buildings. Located in Lagos, Nigeria. Working from certified designs in the manufacturing and erection of steel structures, we can construct a wide variety of buildings such as: warehouses, airport hangers, factories, churches, commercial and residential spaces with Structural Steel fabrication design & erection to the civil construction and in the Oil & Gas Industries, development and manufacturing of various semi-trailers, rigid truck bodies, which enabled the company to deliver complete projects of steel structures coupled with civil engineering.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Assurance / Quality Control Officer
- Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting a visual and measurement test, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
- Work with the Factory manager to identify approaches and methods to improve overall quality. Educate workers on the require standards.
- Note and report on work that does not meet requirements. Interpret and review shop drawings.
- Inspect completed work and/or work in progress to determine whether the work meets specifications and plan requirements.
- Monitor overall construction performance with regard to technical quality and compliance with design and specification requirements.
- Approve in-process construction / fabrication by confirming required specifications.
- Approve all finished products by confirming specifications and conducting required tests
- Return products for re-work if needed and complete documentation to confirm re-work
- Document and update inspection results by completing reports and logs
- Maintain safe work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Coach and mentor junior employees; seek opportunities to grow leadership in others.
- Study the codes and required projects specifications.
- Preparation of testing, qualification and certification processes for welding as per project specifications.
- Monitors and ensures that welding is carried out in the right condition.
- Provision of accurate data of the welding inspection parameters.
- Preparation of relevant reports on welding activities.
- Provision of professional supervision to the welding team.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering and other Engineering course
- At least 5 – 10 years of experience in a Steel Fabrication industry.
- Experience in developing and reviewing project quality plans, contract documents and project specifications
- Coordinate Test Pack preparation and Final Handover documentation activities to ensure smooth handover.
- Conduct and organize QMS Internal / External audit and ensure close out of all Inspection and Audit Non conformities.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.