DeKash Empire Global Limited is a fast-growing company cantered mostly on lifestyle business ventures which include but are not limited to entertainment, fashion, and providing the best recreation spot for every Nigerian to escape to.
We are currently establishing our new base in Enugu, and are passionate about building the right team that will move the company into its next level in the entertainment and fashion industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchasing / Logistics Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and incorrect amounts.
- Conducting product research and sourcing new suppliers and vendors.
- Sourcing materials, goods, products, and services and negotiating the best or most cost-effective contracts and deals.
- Purchase the raw materials needed to maintain all operations. ie groceries, toiletries, etc
- Purchasing or reordering supplies and stock as necessary.
- Conducting market research to keep abreast of emerging trends and business opportunities.
- Inspecting stock and reporting any faulty items or inconsistencies immediately.
- Updating and maintaining records of all orders, payments, and received the stock.
- Coordinating with the delivery team and following up on delays or orders that have been rescheduled.
- Ensure that any invoices are sent to accounts for payment.
- Produce and maintain all reports.
- Negotiate, or renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and in the event of problems trace shipments and follow up undelivered goods.
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Discourage uniform bidding and endeavor to obtain a full and open competition as possible on all purchases; ending product launches and networking with industry professionals.
- Establishing professional relationships with clients as well as vendors and suppliers.
- Ensuring all stock is packaged appropriately and delivered to the correct location promptly.
- Ensure we do not run out of stock!
- Minimum Qualification: Degree in Logistics, Business Administration, or relevant field.
- Experience Level: Mid-level. Proven work experience as a Purchasing Officer, Purchasing Agent, or similar role.
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating, and liaising with vendors).
- Hands-on experience with purchasing software.
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses.
- Negotiation skills.
- Organizational skills
- Preferred Skills
N75,000 – N100,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV and Cover Letter as an attachment to: Careers@dekashempire.co using “Purchasing / Logistics Officer” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only successful applicants will be contacted.