Transport Services Limited (TSL) is a foremost indigenous logistics transportation company that provides customized transportation and logistics solutions. We currently operate out of five locations spread across the Western and Eastern regions of Nigeria providing logistics services to stakeholders in the oil and gas, mining and construction, FMCG and Agricultural sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Coordinator – Category Buyer
Location: Lagos State.
Key Purpose of Job
- The main objective of the position is to ensure effective purchasing and delivery of goods and services.
- Establish and rationalize Key Supplier Agreements, identify new opportunities, seek ways to improve efficiencies and ensure purchasing compliance.
- Identify, control and develop purchasing processes and practices, to ensure the organization obtains the best value for expenditure on goods and services.
- Provide support and advice to management and staff on procurement matters.
- Audit and provide key advice in developing, reviewing and implementing purchasing processes and practice.
- Review of purchasing arrangements with suppliers including price, delivery, performance and discounts to achieve reduced supply chain costs to the company.
- Develop, compile, reconcile, and/ or update information in vendor and stock databases to provide effective processing, information management and reporting.
- Ensure compliance to the organization’s purchasing procedures.
- Co-ordinate the overall operation of the company purchasing function to ensure goods, works and services are provided at the most competitive rates.
- Obtain quotations for the purchase of goods, works and services to limits authorized by the Head of Procurement.
- Liaise with Company’s suppliers to ensure the most up-to-date data is available for the supply of goods and services.
- Monitor organizational procurement trends and implement improved procedures.
- Co-ordinate, monitor and review the tender and quotation process for the company
- Actively monitor tender and quotation procedures across the organisation identifying any deficiencies and recommend any improvements
- Co-ordinate acquisition and disposal of the company’s vehicle fleet and office equipment’s
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts and subsequent administration.
- Preparation of Contract changes and amendments.
- Review submissions from providers for conformity to contract
- Specifications and make recommendations on acceptable contracts.
- Direct activities concerned with contracts for purchase or sale of equipment, materials, products or services.
- Examine performance requirements, delivery schedules and estimates of costs of materials, equipment and production to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Preparation of reports and presentations to management as required.
- Other duties as required.
Ensure compliance with all health, safety and security regulations and policies:
- Ensure that adequate and effective risk assessments are undertaken and regularly reviewed.
- Liaise with HSSEQ department on any health, safety or security problem which you cannot resolve.
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all staff under direct management and expected to contribute to the health and safety of all personnel in the overall business unit.
- Comply with health and safety procedures and instructions.
- Monitor performance of procurement officers and provide leadership in achievement of set targets
- Self-development and continuing personal development
Anticipated Outcomes of Role:
- Achievement of operational performance criteria.
- Compliance with all HSSEQ regulations
- Improved order delivery cycle time
- Improved customer order fulfilment ratio against SLA
- A first degree in any management discipline from a recognized institution
- 6 years’ experience working in warehouse and storage operations.
Professional Membership or Registration:
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- (This section should briefly describe skills necessary to perform on the job. The information is derived from TSL competency directory)
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Transport & Logistics management
- Management Information Systems
- The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Planning & organizing
- Effective communication
- Project management
- Strong Negotiation
The incumbent must have the following personal attributes:
- Must be customer-focused
- Ability to deliver results
- Open to learning
- Have professional confidence
- Functionally Reports to: Head of Procurement Administratively
- Reports to: Head of Procurement
- Supervises: Store Officers
- All Staff
Application Closing Date
4th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online