CODE provides marginalized and vulnerable communities with resources to amplify their voices with independence and integrity while providing the communities with information that ushers social and economic progress. To enhance effective democratic governance and accountability, CODE creates platforms [mobile and web technologies] that close the feedback loop between citizens and the government. With global expertise and reach, we focus on community outreach, influencing policies, practices, and knowledge mobilization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
- To Coordinate Vendor Payment between procurement and Finance team, ensure vendor timely payments, Support admin procurement and serve as field office interface with country office log team Respond efficiently and quickly to purchase requisitions, and follow up, maintain record of supplies.
- Ensure that the items bought match the request, and are of good quality, reliable, appropriate and at a reasonable price.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Ensure procurement is done in accordance with CODE’s Procurement Policy and Procedures.
- Maintain file index (soft Copies/hand copies) for all purchases by category, grant and location.
- Respond to queries in a professional and timely manner in respect of status and delivery of goods to locations/programs.
- Receive and inspect goods delivered and properly document the process.
- Adhering to all the necessary procedures as stipulated in the office procedures manual SL policies and donor regulations.
- Support the pre-qualification of service providers as provided for in the Procurement Manual.
- Issuing Purchase Order for service providers as provided for in the Procurement Manual to ensure goods and services are acquired at competitive prices.
- Record all incoming goods, their dispatch and timely delivery to projects. Ensure complete documentation of procurement actions consistent with SC Nigeria policy is kept on file.
- Maintain the procurement file and ensure that it is up to date with all documentation and information relating to any procurement undertaken.
- Produce weekly basis, the Procurement Tracker
- Collect the Procurement Requests from the Program, other departments and field offices
- Based on CODE’s procurement manual, issue POs to vendors and follow up with delivery
- Update the supplier database based on CODE’s standard
- Communication with vendors or suppliers
- Produce regular update on PRs received from Program and field offices
- Organized procurement review meeting with programme.
- Any other tasks as may be required by supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Level of Education – B.Sc / HND in any related discipline.
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills.
- Team-working skills.
- Flexibility and adaptation in response to changing needs.
- Attention to detail and excellent numeracy.· Good experience in: purchasing, with good negotiating skills. Ability to keep clear and concise records.
- Commitment to CODE’s child safeguarding policies, equal opportunity and gender policies.
- Commitment to humanitarian and development principles principles and with the aims and objectives of CODE
- Experience in procurement/Logistics Management.
- Procurement training or qualification is an added advantage.
- Experience and good team work (integration).
- Good written and spoken English required.
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online (docs)
CALL US TODAY FOR YOUR CV AND COVER LETTER WRITING CLICK HERE TO APPLY