Villam Agric Limited, a big player in the grain and oilseeds value-chain industry in Nigeria who just acquired an additional 25,000 metric tons storage and pre-storage Soybean processing plant.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Operator
Location: (Obada-oko, Abeokuta) Ogun
Responsibilities / Duties
- Soybean loading, cleaning and separation.
- Soybean preparation and extraction.
- Soy De-gumming Operations
- Meal grinding, storage and loading.
- Ability to operate / maintain conveyors and elevators, and silo bins.
- Maintaining operational logs, records, and samples process.
- Performing routine preventative maintenance.
- Performing housekeeping requirements as directed.
- Able to move freely throughout the Division facilities to include climbing vertical heights (0 – 150′).
- Operates automatically fired boilers to generate steam that supplies heat or power for the factory’s industrial processes: Lights gas- or oil-fed burners, using torch, and manage power supply: generator and transformer.
- Starts pulveriser and stoker to grind and feed coal into furnace of boiler.
- Observes pressure, temperature, and draft meters on panel to verify specified operation of automatic combustion control systems, feed water regulators, stoker, pulveriser, and burners.
- Turns valves and adjusts controls to set specified fuel feed, draft openings, water level, and steam pressure of boiler.
- Observes boiler and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions and makes repairs, such as changing burners and tightening pipes and fittings.
- May test and treat boiler feed water, using specified chemicals.
- Maintain log of meter and gauge readings and record data, such as water test results and quantity of fuel consumed.
- May be designated according to fuel burned, type of boilers, or class of license required.
- Holds a Degree / HND in Electrical Engineering or Production Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with between 3- and 5-years’ experience in operating and maintaining food processing machinery and conveying systems in a production facility with a good understanding of industrial safety.
- Also experience in managing boilers and power generation/management
- Strong communication, math, and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- HSE certification is a plus.
- Previous agricultural experience is preferred.
- Job entails working in shifts and residence in Abeokuta is preferred.
Application Closing Date
17th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com clearly indicating the Job Title as the subject of your mail.