With the erosion of the African ideology, cultures and values by Western beauty standards, there came the need to raise socially conscious individual who would drive the ideology of Africa beyond the confines of their immediate environment. Photo Africa was, therefore, birthed to create that platform for promoting the African standard of beauty and to raise strong, committed young men and women who will represent their community as custodians and repositories of their people’s collective ideology and in the long run strives to restore the fluidity in the appreciation of culture and self-identity.
PhotoAfrica is an online multicultural Photo Contest that aims to raise strong, committed young men and women who are willing to represent their community as custodians and repositories of their people’s collective ideology. PhotoAfrica believes every individual has an inborn gift that sets them apart from others and this gift lies in the uniqueness of individual value (Magic). They want to emphasize these individually unique values by putting reality in a pictorial representation and bringing together different consciousness to promote multiculturalism.
- Open to citizens of African countries;
- Applicants may be amateur or professional photographers or just anyone with a camera;
- Applicants could be both male and female from the ages of 18 and above.
- Each photo must display racial identity and its magic either by individual unique identity or cultural identity;
- During submission, all participants must give credit to their photographer.
- A $10,000 prize is available. The top 3 most voted pictures will be awarded final cash prize.
PhotoAfrica is now accepting entries from amateur or professional photographers or just anyone with a camera from Africa for its 2020 photo contest. The deadline for the submission of entries for the PhotoAfrica Multicultural Photo Contest is 23rd October, 2020.
APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY ABROAD
1. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN UAE 2020-2021
2. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN CANADA 2020-2021