Pact West Africa is a Non-Governmental Organization with over a decade of experience working in Nigeria to create thriving, resilient communities that are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact West Africa started operations as Pact Nigeria in 2005, and builds capacity of civil society organizations and improves the livelihoods and health of the poor and marginalized in the society. Pact has 46 staff in Nigeria. Pact is seeking a qualified consultant to facilitate a three-day team building exercise and to compile a report outlining the workshop’s proceedings, including practical recommendations and operational tools which can be used by the team in the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: OVC Service Delivery Consultant
About the Project
- The Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment and Virus Elimination project (ACHIEVE) is a five-year global effort (2019-2024) to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants and children.
- The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and implemented by a Pact-led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners, including Jhpiego, Palladium, No Means No Worldwide and WI-HER. ACHIEVE focuses on priority PEPFAR countries across Africa, Southeast Asia and the Caribbean. In Nigeria, ACHIEVE works with USAID ICHSSA partners in Lagos, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Adamawa and Lagos.
Roles and Responsibilities
- In line with objective II of the ACHIEVE project, the consultant will provide technical assistance to ICHSSA Implementing Partners to carry out OVC Service Delivery related activities. This may include but not limited to:
- Provision of technical assistance to ICHSSA Prime Implementing partners to review and adapt relevant OVC technical program materials, tools, and curricula for project implementation, based on Capacity Action Plan.
- Training of ICHSSA Prime Implementers on OVC Case management tools and models, selected OVC Service Delivery and Child Protection Topics through a peer learning approach, which will be determined based on the outcomes of the Integrated Technical and Organizational Capacity Assessments (ITOCA).
- Technical assistance to ICHSSA Prime Implementers on implementation models for household economic stability and livelihood interventions.
- Technical assistance to adapt evidence based better parenting curriculum for training.
- Technical assistance for the development/update of CLHIV access to and retention in treatment curriculum to be used by ICHSSA Local Partners. Jan-Sept
- Provide technical inputs related to NOMIS and training /mentorship of ICHSSA Prime Implementers on PEPFAR related Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting processes and procedures for OVC programs, using a peer learning approach.
- Expected output
- Strengthened capacity of ICHSSA Implementing Partners to carry out OVC Service Delivery related activities.
- Strengthened capacity of ICHSSA Prime Implementers on implementation models for household economic stability and livelihood interventions.
- Strengthened capacity of ICHSSA partners to adapt evidence based better parenting curriculum for training.
- Update of CLHIV access to and retention in treatment curriculum to be used by ICHSSA Local Partners. Jan-Sept
- Strengthened NOMIS systems and PEPFAR related Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting processes /procedures for OVC programs, using a peer learning
- MPH/MPA/MBA or Master’s in relevant field and a minimum of 11 years of professional experience or a BA/BS with 13 years of professional experience, including 8 years of management experience
- Demonstrated successful experience as a senior manager of USAID-funded programs including those involving OVC
- Five years prior experience in managing OVC programs funded by PEPFAR
- Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with USAID Mission, implementing partners, and local NGOs
- Proven skills in building organizational capacity in OVC, HIV/AIDS, and/or financial and operations management
- Experience with child welfare and protection programs, systems strengthening, capacity building, economic strengthening, service delivery, quality improvement, or policy development
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills, including fluency in English
Application Closing Date
12th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: email@example.com Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail (i.e OVC Service Delivery Consultant).
- All applications MUST be submitted as a single file in either word format or PDF.
- Submissions will be considered on a rolling basis that only short-listed
CALL US TODAY FOR YOUR CV AND COVER LETTER WRITING CLICK HERE TO APPLY