Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are currently recruiting for an anticipated program focused on developing the local Nigerian dairy sector in the vacant position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst – Advancing Local Dairy Development in Nigeria (ALDDN)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: National Team Lead
Travel: Travel across project States in Nigeria
About the Program
- Sahel, in collaboration with other partners, seeks to catalyze the local dairy sector in Nigeria in an inclusive way through a program that will improve the livelihoods, productivity, nutrition, and empowerment of smallholder female dairy farmers and the communities in which they live. If approved, the program will span 5 years and will:
- Advocate for an enabling environment for local sourcing through engagements with the government and relevant private sector stakeholders.
- Increase demand for locally sourced milk through partnerships with dairy processors currently or interested in sourcing locally.
- Improve smallholder dairy farmers’ productivity by increasing their access to technical support services and appropriate inputs.
- Empower women dairy farmers and enable them to improve their livelihoods and that of their households.
- Improve nutrition outcomes among smallholder dairy households through innovations in food systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer’s primary responsibilities are outlined below. S/he is however expected to perform any tasks that are necessary within the context of the evolving needs of the program.
- Planning and Oversight: Ensure the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation of the program.
- Monitoring & Reporting: Support the CoP to monitor the program implementation’s progress on a regular basis against donor and Sahel quality standards through monitoring visits, data quality audits, and spot checks. Support the CoP in ensuring that the lessons learnt from ongoing program monitoring are incorporated into its implementation.
- Use adequate ICT solutions to ease the process of collecting, managing, analyzing and protecting program data. Support the CoP in preparing program reports (monthly, quarterly, annually).
- Evaluation: Oversee program wide assessments and surveys including baseline, midterm, and end line evaluative surveys. This might entail leading recruitment, orientation, deployment, and management of external consultants.
- Additional responsibilities: Directly supervise the program’s M&E Staff and consultants. Create opportunities for reflection and learning among M&E advisors and practitioners from partnering organizations supporting the program implementation. Share M&E learning and experiences in broader regional and global discussions, and with peer organizations
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- Professional Qualification: Degree in Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics or a related discipline
- At least 3 years’ hands on experience designing, developing, and using M&E systems in a complex, international organization and/or in large multifaceted programs
- Demonstrated experience designing logical frameworks and using results-based frameworks and associated performance monitoring and evaluation plans
- Extensive experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- Experience in database design and other tools for information management
- Competent in MS Excel, word processing, Power Point and statistical software such as SPSS and STATA
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
- Good interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
- Fluency in the English language, and excellent writing and presentation skills
Personal Characteristics and Other Requirements:
- Excellent judgement. Ability to understand current issues quickly and make wise decisions
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate
- Willingness to travel to program locations
Application Closing Date
Open until filled.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word-formatted single document consisting of a Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
- Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications.
- Please note that the position is subject to donor approval of the program
- Sahel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Preference is for female for gender balance
CALL US TODAY FOR YOUR CV AND COVER LETTER WRITING CLICK HERE TO APPLY