Asharami Synergy is an Oil & Gas company in the downstream sector with operations across West Africa. Our mission is “To create a sustainable business centered on adding value in the oil & gas sector by redefining the downstream supply chain.
We have a vibrant culture that embraces and cultivates unconventional and innovative thinking. We place a high premium on teamwork and encourage our people to continually strive for excellence, with emphasis on organic growth and self-improvement.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lubes Technical Services Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full Time
- The position holder is responsible for ensuring specification and production of Asha Lubes products are of top-notch quality and meet the standard requirements acceptable in the industry.
- Candidate’s product development responsibilities span across accurate product formulation, product costing and associated procurement activities.
- Responsibilities also include and are not limited to technical support to the sales team, resolution of customer complaints on technical matters, liaison with vendors, laboratory and blending plant agents, regulatory bodies etc
- Review all technical and product data sheets of additives, base oils and other specialist chemicals for the formulation and / or production of lubricants.
- Prepare and update products data sheets for all the products in the organisation’s portfolio.
- Monitor and maintain strategic stock of all additives and base stocks.
- Monitor technological trends in lubricants and additives, and advise management for adoption, formulation and costing of lubricants.
- Keep tabs with additive manufacturers on all relevant advisory services.
- Offer backend support to all the sales team.
- Engages with the client in the resolution of all technical disputes and provide onsite inspection of clients machinery, when required.
- Develop Technical Service strategies to help the organization achieve strategic goals and objectives
- Define and implement short and long-term tactical operations plans that align with the business unit franchises.
- Create, edit and implement company policies pertaining to the department.
- Maintains and manages relationship with relevant lubricant regulatory agencies – SON, DPR, etc.
- Review and sign off on all deviations, engineering change notices as applicable per the approval / notification requirement.
- Monitor stock of slow-moving lubricant grades and develop policies / formulations for conversion to fast-moving grades.
- Conduct routine training on lubrication and lubricants for members of staff.
- Make technical suggestions regarding modifications to documentation, product performance and failure analysis.
Minimum Qualification / Experience
- A proven degree in Mechanical / Chemical Engineering and a drive to succeed.
- Minimum 6 years of cognate experience in a similar role.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good interpersonal and people skill
- Commercially & contractually astute
- Technical Knowledge of Lubricants
- Good use of Microsoft Office
- Good reporting skills
- Good attitude and approach to work
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player with an international outlook and an ability to communicate effectively across boundaries.
- Finance team
- Sales and Marketing team
- Technical Team
- Other Entities within the Group
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidated should:
Click here to apply online