Hazon Holdings is a continually growing and leading conglomerate domiciled in Africa. We specialize in raising standards through our synergy of diverse business units. We are core believers in driving people, processes and businesses to attain peak productivity in given fields through steadfastness and ultimate discipline.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Job Expectation Summary
- The Legal Officer will be responsible for, but not limited to ensuring and advising the business on compliance to all corporate governance and other legal matters as well as negotiating contracts between the company and third parties.
He / she will be expected to:
- Advising the business on their legal and corporate governance responsibilities.
- Ensuring compliance to corporate governance and other legal matters.
- Interpretation and analysis of laws and regulations relating to companies.
- Negotiating contract arrangement between the company and third parties.
- Review of third-party contracts where the company has committed itself.
- Drafting legal documents for the company.
- Conducting searches, due diligence and filing of all necessary documents with the corporate affairs commission within the stipulated timeline.
To manage the company’s owned properties as follows:
- Drafting and lease agreements.
- To ensure that all tenants pay their rent as at when due.
- To serve all the required statutory notices to quit on erring or defaulting tenants
- Supervise construction or remodeling
- Maintaining all statutory books of the company.
- Ensuring compliance with all documentation required by regulatory bodies and corporate organizations for specific transactions as may be referred to him/her.
- Preparation of legal opinions on legal issues pertaining to internal and external activities of the company. This includes providing legal support for the company when necessary.
- Dispatching internal memo’s to the appropriate department.
- Liaise with the company’s external solicitors on Litigation.
- Make representation for the company in arbitration and court proceedings and any other dispute resolution proceedings when the occasion arises.
- Maintain a current knowledge corporate governance requirements, trends and key matters of interest for Boards.
- Process immigration related matters for the company
- Be the custodian the company’s policy and procedure; amend as required from time to time.
Desired Knowledge, Competency and Skill Requirement
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong knowledge of applicable laws
- Analytical skill
- Must be called to the Nigerian Bar.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the “Job Title and Location” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted and contacted.