ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS TO STUDY IN INDIA
india uses a national application portal. You caPOJn apply for up to three different programs through it. The limit is three: either three different programs or three different schools. PhD applications are made directly to individual schools.
To apply through the national portal, you will need to register some basic personal details. You will then come to an upload page. There, you upload your academic transcripts, your letter of motivation, your evidence of English proficiency (unless you’re from an Anglophone country recognized as such by the Ministry of Education) and any other documents your school might want. If your documents aren’t in Hindi or English, you’ll need to provide the originals along with a notarized translation.
PhD applications follow a broadly similar process, but you must also include an academic CV. PhD applications normally work like job adverts, in that they are sent out in response to a particular vacancy or position.
PhD applicants must also complete a discipline-specific Research Eligibility Test (RET). The RET ensures that you have the know-how to succeed in your chosen field. You’ll need to submit the results of this test as part of your application.
The deadline for applications shifts a little each year, but it generally falls towards the end of January in the academic year before your chosen course starts.
VISA REQUIREMENTS TO STUDY IN INDIA
Indian Missions/Posts grant a student visa for a period of five years or for the duration of the course of study, whichever is less, to the below:
- To foreigner students coming to India to pursue regular and full time academic studies in India.
- For foreigner students coming for Industrial training, summer project and internship.
- Provisional student visa valid for six months for the students exploring admission or taking admission tests.
- Applicant should possess the proof of admission to a full time regular academic course in a reputed/recognized educational institution in India and evidence of financial support.
- The applicant should also possess a “No Objection Certificate” from the Ministry of Health in case of admission in medical or Para-medical course.
- Spouse and dependent family members accompanying the applicant must apply for an Entry Visa (Not Tourist Visa). Its termination date will coincide with the period of the principal Visa holder.
- Student visas are issued for up to five years, depending on the duration of the course. They can also be extended in India.
- After completion of their GME education, international candidates may be granted an ‘Intern Visa’ to pursue internship opportunities in India.
- International candidates can pursue a summer internship between the end of Year 1 and the beginning of Year 2 in case it is part of the curricular requirements for the GME program. No permission is required for the same, the student visa is adequate.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY ABROAD
1. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN SINGAPORE 2021-2022
2. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN SOUTH KOREA 2020-2021
3. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN SPAIN 2021-2022
4. LATEST SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY ABROAD 2021-2021