At Total Secure Nigeria we are very confident that we will become your preferred choice for security and defence products throughout Nigeria. Through our partnership with our sister company is the UK we feel we are in the perfect position to provide a definitive services to our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
- The human resource manager is responsible for developing, advising on and implementing policies relating to the effective use of personnel within the company with the aim to ensure that the organisation employs the right balance of staff in terms of skills and experience, and that training and development opportunities are available to employees to enhance their performance and achieve the organization’s business aims.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Develop and implement policies on issues as working conditions, performance management, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Prepare job adverts, check application forms, short list, interview and select candidates.
- Maintain employee records and maintain accurate documentation of employees files
- Analyze, plan and organize training and development programs
- Working closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization
- Liaising with a range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety
- Recruiting staff, which involves developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates
- Preparing employee handbooks
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits
- Undertaking regular salary reviews
- Performance appraisal and balance scorecard
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records
- Interpreting and advising on employment law
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures
- Planning and sometimes delivering training, including new employee inductions and onboarding
- Analyzing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 5 years’ experience and 3 years proven experience in a managerial or supervisory position
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- BSc in Human Resources or related field
- HR Certifications (e.g. CIPM Certificate etc.)
- Business awareness and management skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to understand detailed information
- IT and numeracy skills, with strong IT skills required if managing/operating computerized payroll and benefits systems
- Interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels
- a proven track record of innovative and inventive skills
- The ability to analyze, interpret and explain employment law
- Integrity and approachability, as managers and staff must feel able to discuss sensitive and confidential issues with you
- Curiosity and a willingness to challenge organizational culture where necessary
Application Closing Date
12th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as subject of the email