Full scholarships are available for exceptionally qualified candidates who have been accepted for study at GRIPS. These scholarships are provided by the Japanese government (MEXT) and international organizations, as well as by GRIPS.
National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies Information
Founded in 1997, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the metropolis of Tokyo (population range of over 5,000,000 inhabitants). Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies is a coeducational higher education institution. National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as master degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. This 22 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations and students’ past academic record and grades. The admission rate range is 20-30% making this Japanese higher education organization a very selective institution. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment.
The specific scholarship will be determined by GRIPS based on the eligibility requirements imposed by the scholarship providers (see Scholarship Eligibility and Details chart). Please note that scholarships are allocated on a competitive basis and that only a limited number of scholarships are available.
What the scholarship covers:
- A monthly stipend which is intended to cover living expenses such as food, clothing, and other daily expenses, as well as accommodation, transportation, medical treatment, insurance, and various miscellaneous expenses related to your study at GRIPS. This stipend is fixed and cannot be increased to cover family members.
- Application fee, admission fee, and tuition.
- An economy-class air ticket from your home country to Japan upon enrollment at GRIPS and an economy-class air ticket from Japan to your home country upon completion of your studies at GRIPS.
Please submit one of the following documents showing that you have the necessary funds to cover the total cost of your studies (tuition and living expenses in Japan). by post along with the rest of your supporting documents, all in one package. The total cost of your studies has been estimated at JPY 2,700,000 for the first year. This amount may change slightly in subsequent years.
APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING SCHOLARSHIPS TO STUDY ABROAD
1. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN SINGAPORE 2020-2021
2. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN SOUTH KOREA 2020-2021