The scholarship scheme is open to qualified international candidates pursuing their first degree, Bachelor’s or Master’s, at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany, Switzerland, France or within the European Union.
Equal importance is placed on both material and non-material support: Scholarships, study cost- and foreign residence allowances, etc. are a means to ensure financial stability. But participating in education projects, getting involved in activities by other scholarship holders and contributing ideas to the Foundation’s work is what breathes life into non-material support.
young people committed to the political ideas of the German liberal party and willing to take responsibility. They come from any discipline or subject taught at state-recognised universities of applied sciences or higher-education institutions in Germany. Those who are awarded a scholarship by the Foundation for Freedom are considered to be members of the ‘liberal family’ in Germany.
Not eligible for funding are
- second degrees
- part-time programmes
- distance learning degrees which are not pursued full-time
- post-graduate and complementary courses
- Bachelor’s programmes by international students who are non-EU nationals
- degree courses in their final stages (minimum funding covers two semesters starting with the beginning of the sponsorship
- any project such as internships, language courses, travel cost allowances, etc.
The scholarship’s worth is up to EUR 850 per month. In addition, there is a contribution to health insurance. The FNS offers furthermore non-material support in the form of a variety of projects, events and initiatives.
The last date to apply for Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarships is 31st October
APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY ABROAD
1. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN FRANCE 2020-2021
2. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN CHINA 2020-2021