Merit Telecoms Nigeria Limited is an independent and recognized leader in providing wireless voice and data turnkey services to the telecommunication industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Ilupeju – Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure financial processes and controls operate effectively and efficiently on a day to day basis and develop and implement reporting measures to demonstrate their operation.
- Ensure that all reconciliations completed on timely basis and differences are investigated and resolved promptly.
- Manage the company invoicing and collection process ensuring prompt collection of monies due.
- Manage the company procurement process and work with the Finance Manager and relevant units to quickly implement an updated process to improve cost control.
- Implement a review of existing processes and controls to identify improvements that can be immediately implemented.
- Prepare financial statements for the company and Complete VAT returns and all tax returns
- Manage the company cash flow and loan management
- Manage the monthly financial process to enable the production of accurate and effective management information, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Finance manager on issues affecting company performance.
- Follow up any vendor management issues and queries and resolve disputes in a timely manner whilst effectively coordinating with vendors and internal staff.
- Carry out any other appropriate duties related to efficient vendor management in a professional manner
- Using a financial control framework, including financial accountabilities and authorities to ensure full financial control.
- Recommend changes that will improve the company’s financial performance and financial controls.
- Cost control and reduction
- Provide a strategic, efficient and flexible procurement service which will deliver optimum value for money, cost savings and best quality of service
- Support the Finance in procurement activities such as the tender process, supplier relationships and contract management for goods and services
- Responsible for all purchases, order enquiries and ensure purchases are properly approved
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Accounting of Finance. Professional qualification an advantage
- 4 years minimum relevant experience
- Experience in databases and database query and report design.
- Advanced Excel skills
- High intelligence with the willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Adaptable, positive and highly enthusiastic personality with strong work ethic
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in basic financial accounting practices and procedures including the transaction data flow from subsidiary ledgers to General Ledger and financial reports.
Application Closing Date
2nd October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.