The Islamic Development Bank Group (IsDBG) on 1st April 2020 signed the Framework Agreement with the Federal Republic of Nigeria (represented by Federal Ministry of Finance) regarding the support in the implementation of the BRAVE Women Nigeria Program funded by Women Entrepreneurship Finance Initiative (We-Fi), administered by the World Bank. In 2019, prior to signing the agreement, IsDBG officially appointed Bank of Industry (BoI) as the Local Execution Agency (LEA). BRAVE Women Nigeria Project is to be implemented in Edo, Kano and Gombe States.
Bank of Industry (BoI) engaged W-Holistic Business Solutions to support the Program on Component 6: Set-Up & Capacity Building of a Project Management Unit (PMU) for Business Resilience Assistance for Value-Added Enterprises (BRAVE) Women in Nigeria.
Within this Component is the filling of the vacant 2.5 Years Contract position (subject to a possible extension of 6 months for project close-out) in the PMU as follows:
Job Title: Finance / Accounting Officer
- BRAVE Women Nigeria Project focuses on developing and increasing the economic opportunities for female entrepreneurs through skills training aimed at business viability (i.e. profitability) in targeted country-specific value chains. It will enhance the bankability, entrepreneurial, and market development skills of female owned/led Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) that are critical to sustainable local growth and job creation. Furthermore, it will promote pro-poor growth by targeting the value chain in the market segments and sectors where the majority of the poor earn their living, and tackle gender disparities in economic opportunities by targeting women entrepreneurs.
- All Officers will work under the direction of the Project Manager and provide technical assistance to ensure that the BRAVE Women Nigeria Project’s mission, goals and operations are achieved on time, on budget and within scope.
- The Finance / Accounting Officer will support the provision of accurate, complete and timely professional financial services.
- S/he will support the preparation of financial and budget reports, develop procedures and guidelines for all finance-related activities, monitor project activity budgets, maintain accurate financial records on project activities, monitor transactions to ensure compliance with donor-regulations, prepare invoices and withdrawal applications, coordinate project audits and other tasks as required.
S/he will provide support for the following tasks:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the PMU in complying with all fiduciary requirements related to finance on the Project
- Maintain an easily accessible, updated, transparent, accurate filing system for financial documents
- Ensure accuracy of data and update necessary digital and non-digital financial information
- Work with the Project Manager and other stakeholders in the preparation and submission of disbursement requests
- Prepare withdrawal applications on behalf of the PMU to be submitted to the project donor
- Coordinate with BOI, IsDBG Finance teams and other partners to ensure smooth management of financial matters on the project; Supporting project with budget matters
- Check receipts, bills, quotations, comparative analysis and translations of receipts and any other financial documentation.
- Process invoices and bills for approved for payment.
- Prepare vouchers, cash books, work on PMU staff salaries/ payroll and payments of consultants/suppliers
- Support the Project Manager in the preparation of financial reports and forecasts and other project documents.
- Ensure updated inventory lists and asset registers
- Coordinate audits on behalf of the PMU
- Carry out additional duties to support the smooth operations and management of PMU
- A graduate degree in Finance, Accounting or any other related field. Professional certification (such as ICAN, ACCA, etc) is required. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Finance, Accounting with NGOs, bilateral or multilateral developmental agencies
- Sound knowledge of statutory financial requirements (tax, pension, etc). CITN membership or certification would be an asset.
- Proficient with MS Office applications e.g. Excel, Word PowerPoint, etc.
- Proficient in the use of both computerized and manual financial management systems.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, detail-oriented, efficient, reliable and creative
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to manage tasks, plan and deliver on timelines
- Ability to communicate in English (written and oral). Working knowledge of other Nigerian languages is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
Thursday, 26th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com with the Job Title as subject of the email.