PAS Solar Limited provides affordable energy to off-grid households and micro-businesses in Nigeria. based in Abuja with branches across 8 states in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Technician (Solar Installation)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Regional Manager
Support: Logistics & Repair Manager/Lead Technician/Retail Area Manager/Customer Care.
- PAS BBOXXis looking for an enthusiastic and committed Field Technician.
- The incumbent will be responsible for installations of off-grid energy equipment (Solar Panels/Equipment Installations).
- This role requires travels within the assigned territory or based on customer locations (site).
- Field Technician will be deployed to site to troubleshoot equipment problems.
- An incumbent must be able to manage service calls that requires more time than anticipated without becoming frustrated or rushing through a job.
- Selected candidate is expected to posse’s superb customer service skills and ability to diagnose and solve problems from non-technical descriptions provided by the customers.
Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities (Including but not limited to)
Functional Success Factors:
- Provide customer service and support during field visits and tie workflow to schedule to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Manage all on-site installations, maintenance, and testing to ensure proper documentation of all related processes.
- Diagnose errors and technical problems and determine proper solutions to produce timely and detailed service reports to avoid unnecessary repairs and to streamline the work of the repair technician.
- Perform simple system diagnosis and product fixes accurately and within a reasonable time
- Monitor the status of existing client systems/equipment
- Organize stock of faulty products, document and repair report for dispatch to the repair technician.
- Proficiency in identifying technical issues, tracking and documenting issues, suggesting improving solution plans to the repair technician.
- Complied with company rules and regulations, policies and procedures when carrying out on-site technical installations or maintenance.
- Coordinate with Retail Sales Supervisor, Retail Area Manager and Shop Manager to carry out installations and repossessions.
- Liaised with Retail Supervisor and Lead Technician to carry track product recovery/repossession process.
- Liaised with field staff to provide technical support to customers and internal stakeholders regarding systems issues like (CU’s and other related technical complaints).
- Effectively provide technical support to Repair and Logistics Manager regarding system Swaps and faulty CUs.
- Provide support to the technical team by tracking and following up on new installations as well as follow up confirmation calls.
- Exceptional knowledge of and adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Provide systems analyzing, work orders, planning a daily travel installation/service schedule, reviewing concerns, conducting test, and resolving problems.
- Create partnership with local communities to help identify business opportunities that results in increase in outlet traffic and sales.
- Self-driven and results-oriented with a clear business focus and coordinate with sales agents and retail Supervisor to promote product sales.
Managing Customer Service:
- Ability to maintain a high-level customer service culture reinforced by effective customer interaction and follow-ups.
- Provide guidance to customers by educating them on products based on clients’ needs and desires.
- Acts as a subject matter expert by providing ongoing training and awareness of PAS BBOXX’s products, services and promotions to customers.
- Ability to maintain a high-level customer service culture reinforced by service results.
- Effectively coordinate with Customer Care and Retail Supervisor to execute product recovery from unpaid clients.
- Effective at managing customer complaints in a timely manner and liaising with Customer Care to diagnosis and assess customer complaints.
- Adheres to Company Personal Appearance to professionally represents PAS BBOXX’s image.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of product guidelines, utilization and product performance.
- Ability to coordinate installation process from outlet center to client residence.
- Strong understanding of customer needs and ability to educate sales agents on product evaluation and suppliers.
- Demonstrate ability to handle sensitive equipment to avoid damage during dispatch
- Ensure all safety procedures are follow in compliance with company Occupational, Health and Safety Policy.
- Taking all pre-cautionary measures to ensure personal safety and minimize hazards
- Implement transit safety procedures to ensure protection of self and equipment to avoid loses and risk to self.
- Complete equipment dispatch checklist before proceeding for on-site installations.
Strategic Success Factors:
- Maintain respect of peer group, staff and supervisor
- Effective communication through appropriate channels and ability to influence, coach and mentor
- Utilize excellent organizational, time-management, and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Communicates honestly, openly, and constructively and display ability to adapt to changing conditions based on business needs.
- 1-year minimum experience as an electronic service technician, or experience servicing electronic equipment
- Bachelor’s degree, ND, HND or equivalent work experience preferred
- Working knowledge of computer systems.
- Ability to lift and move objects up to 45kg consistently.
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs and moving your whole body such as a climbing ladder, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, pushing, pulling and handling various materials.
- Technician may work in a warm or cold environment.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
Application Closing Date
8th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.