An Independent Energy Company with upstream and midstream assets in Nigeria is seeking highly skilled candidates to occupy the position below:
Job Title: Drilling Manager
Ref Number: SEDM2
Locations: Lagos & Akwa Ibom
Job Type: Permanent
Purpose of the Role
- The Drilling Manager will be the technical authority driving upstream exploration and drilling performance in Nigeria.
- He/ She will provide senior leadership drive and direction to the upstream team responsible for new (- and existing Group wide upstream asset portfolio.
- Deliver approved upstream work programme and budget based on a 3-5 year outlook
- Manage the activities and performance of all drilling and workover contractors/subcontractors, and employees, through effective supervision and guidance
- Develop, implement and ensure strict financial control of all operating and capital budgets related to upstream operations and authorise expenditure within the Limit of Authority as approved by the chief Operating Officer
- Ensure that the Company’s Health Safety and Environment (HSE) policy is effectively implemented in all areas of work
- Operate at the highest level of business integrity and ethics and set the tone for all direct and indirect reports
- Mentor and develop upstream staff in technical and managerial areas across the Group, to enhance their capabilities
- Manage existing onshore Niger Delta assets and identify potential new material opportunities in the onshore/shallow water space
- Identify ready to drill leads and prospects and develop mature prospect inventory
- Responsible and accountable for:
- Subsurface (Geology and Geophysical, Petroleum Engineering, Production Engineering)
- Well Engineering (Drilling and Completion)
- Project interface & integration (linkage to existing midstream business, gas sales and industrial offtake customers)
- Manage and coordinate upstream operational readiness.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Degree in Petroleum Engineering or any other Engineering degree, as well as relevant professional qualifications
- Solid background in Upstream and Oil Field Development: well performance, well monitoring, drilling, production, maintenance of oil and gas facilities Including exposure to prolific exploration basins/geology
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in upstream gas and liquids project delivery in the Gulf of Guinea (Nigeria) and globally from an operator and contractor perspective
- Must be experienced in executing world class upstream projects in a community/sensitive terrain
- Be a tenacious, hands-on team player, equally comfortable in the field as well as dealing with senior internal and external regulatory and community stakeholders
- Have proven influencing, communication and leaderships skills.
Application Closing Date
14th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae in PDF format as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com using the role and reference number as the subject of the email.
- Applications that do not follow this guideline will be disqualified.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.