George Houston Resources Limited (GHR) – Our client, an IT Company who is a technology solutions provider and systems integrator, specializing in delivering innovative IT Consulting, IT Security, Cloud, Mobility, Infrastructure solutions and services is seeking to recruiting candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cyber Security Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a capable Cyber Security Engineer, who has a passion for cybersecurity and possesses both deep and wide expertise in the IT security space.
- You should be able to provide technical, product and business knowledge to support the sales process, implement, support and strengthen customer relationships.
Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
- Design and architect solutions to meet and solve customers’ challenges.
- Engage in presales activities including customer meetings, demo / POV and support already implemented Company’s solutions.
- Solution implementation and support of new and existing customer’s environment including firewalls, encryption, web security, email security, privilege identity management, DLP and other security solution suites.
- Liaising with first & second level support.
- Low-level security design & rollout.
- Issue resolution (fault diagnosis & analysis).
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information / corporate data.
- Identify and define system security requirements.
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Configure and troubleshoot security solution / infrastructure.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Identify / generate and execute initiatives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term pre-sales engagement, project implementation and revenue generation.
- Other related functions as may be requested by the Employer or your Manager.
- Reports directly to the Head of Technology Unit.
Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Training:
- A minimum of a B.Eng. / B.Tech. in Electronics / Electrical / Mechanical / Computer Engineering, Information Technology or any related field.
- At least three certifications relating to cybersecurity
- CCSE and CCSA certifications are a must.
- CISSP / CISM, CompTIA Security, CEH or other equivalent certifications.
- Solid background in Cyber security
- A minimum of 2-5years of related experience in IT Security with record of accomplishments in this role.
- A minimum of 3 years’ presales, implementation and post-sales experience.
- Experience working in mixed Windows / Linux, database, Enterprise backup and disaster recovery solutions and virtualized / physical server environments.
- Experience in threat modeling and risk assessment, Firewall, Endpoint security and penetration testing, Incident Handling and Management, application security and secure API
- Project Management experience
- Hands on experience in security systems deployment including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, DDOS solutions, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, SIEM, vulnerability-scanning, web gateway, proxy appliances, NAC, and antivirus tools etc.
- Assess system vulnerabilities by deploying penetration testing.
- Experience with network security, networking technologies, systems security, and network monitoring tools.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Familiarity with web-related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service-Oriented Architectures) and of network / web related protocols.
- Superior breadth of experience in network administration and information security
- Excellent proficiency in implementing the following solutions: Checkpoint Security Technologies (VPN, remote access, MTP etc.) FireEye, Symantec solution, CyberArk, Entrust, Safenet etc.
- Familiar with encryption firewalls authorization methodologies and Web filtering authentication
- Strong relationship management and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across several departments and services as well as external stakeholders.
- Adaptability to a proactive and flexible approach to work and be comfortable with a dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Tenacity, Loyalty, Commitment, Passion, Drive.
What are the details?
- Exciting independent role: the sky is the limit, high levels of autonomy, but with established support.
- Competitive remuneration
- Career development and growth
- Great work style and an awesome team
Application Closing Date
9th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Cover Letter and Resume) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.