Altara Credit Limited (“Altara”) is a Nigerian consumer and business services venture. Our core value proposition is to improve the quality of life for the average Nigerian by driving financial inclusion. Altara is built on serving the underbanked and the otherwise financially excluded.
Our debut service is “buy now, pay later” where we allow formal & informal sector workers, and SME owners purchase a variety of products and equipment for their homes and businesses but instead of paying for the products in full upfront, pay a small amount over time.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit Check Agent
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are looking to hire a “Credit Check Agent”. This is a role where you will report directly to the Altara Pay Manager
- In this capacity, you will be responsible for receiving and processing credit information in order to get an accurate snapshot of a customer’s financial status prior to approval or disapproval of credit application(s).
- Compiling information from credit applicants for the processing of credit applications.
- Investigating various factors including the amount of income, mortgages, credit history, and debt owed to make approval or disapproval.
- Working with Credit Bureau to obtain additional information about credit applicants.
- Making decisions on the amount of debt that should be granted to a customer and providing reasons for the declined application(s).
- Designing and building credit reports and analyses in Excel.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc.) or a Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or Management Information System.
- 2 years or less of work experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making potential at work.
- Ability to take ownership and work under pressure.
- Adaptability, ability to work in a team environment.
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their email to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
The mail should contain:
- Your Resume (1-page max)
- A short paragraph as to why you are interested in the role (Half a page)
- In 3 bullet points, choose 3 individual responsibilities (listed above) and express why you would excel in the role with an example of your most recent achievement or project you have completed in the past to support each point.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.