Synapse Services is a Centre for Psychological Medicine that is committed to providing a full range of mental health and substance misuse services in a caring, patient- centred environment. We are located in the heart of Nigeria – Abuja, with branches in Lagos, and Anambra state. We provide first class psychological and psychiatric care, with a range of therapeutic programs suited to individual needs.
We are about starting a New Service in Port Harcourt called The Synapse Japonica and seek suitable candidates to join the team in the position below:
Job Title: Cook (Continental and National)
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reports to: Admin/ Customer Service Lead
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure food is prepared as required
- Ensure meals are prepared on time and properly presented
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Estimate expected food consumption; then requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
- Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared and keep records of stock on a daily basis.
- Regulate temperatures of ovens, freezers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Portion, arrange, garnish food, and serve food to patients
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Any other duties as assigned by your line manager
- Minimum of OND
- Excellent cooking skills with ability to prepare several dishes
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment/ under pressure
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- Minimum of 2- 3 years work experience as a cook
Application Closing Date
21st August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications and CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The subject of the email should be the job title- location e.g “Cook – Port Harcourt” failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.