Cainergy Group – We offer a streamlined approach that aims to solve the significant challenges faced with new and ageing assets in industries worldwide.
We help our clients optimize the performance and functionality of their assests ensuring minimum downtime and overall alignment with all applicable standards, codes and regulations through our custom Asset Integrity Management Solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Job Objective / Purpose of Job
- Drives engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures, and facilities, such as roads, railroads, airports, bridges, harbours, channels, dams, irrigation projects, pipelines, power plants, water and sewage systems, and waste disposal units.
Job Duties / Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Inspect facilities or sites to determine if they meet specifications or standards.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, or material stress factors to determine design specifications.
- Estimate technical or resource requirements for construction/development projects.
- Provide technical advice to management regarding design, construction, or program modifications or structural repairs.
- Recommend technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality, or performance.
- Test soils or materials to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations, concrete, asphalt, or steel.
- Test characteristics of materials or structures.
- Manage and direct the construction, operations, or maintenance activities at project site.
- Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations or establish reference points, grades, or elevations to guide construction.
- Create graphical representations of civil structures
- Prepare or present reports on topics such as bid proposals, deeds, environmental impact statements, or property and right-of-way descriptions.
- Incorporate green features into the design of structures or facilities.
- Identify environmental risks and develop risk management strategies for civil engineering projects.
- Investigate the environmental impact of projects.
- Direct engineering activities ensuring compliance with environmental, safety, or other governmental regulations.
- Evaluate technical data to determine effect on designs or plans.
- Any other related task assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Civil Engineering
- Must be a COREN-registered in the Civil Engineering category
- Must be a member of the NSE. Membership of other relevant professional organisations such as the Institute of Builders will be an added advantage
- Proven working experience in civil engineering, minimum 7 years.
- IOC Experience is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD,Civil 3D or similar
- Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, regulatory approvals etc
- Project management and supervision skills.
Required Key Skill:
- Analytical/engineering mindset.
- Ability to analyze data to develop actionable, trackable plans in order to increase efficiencies/mitigate risks.
- Strong project management skills, including quality, cost, and schedule management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly adaptable and willing to assume initiatives/responsibilities outside of normal competencies.
Application Closing Date
19th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com with the job position as subject title.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.