George’s Memorial Medical Centre – We are a 1st class private hospital of choice, delivering modern patient care for women and children. Our core competences are infertility management, Assisted Conception, Endoscopic surgery, General Gynaecology, Obstetrics and Paediatrics. We achieve this by the relentless effort of our highly skilled and committed staff.
We are looking for young and qualified individuals who will join our highly skilled and committed workforce to providing positive experiences for all our clients, making every effort to ensure their stay with us, is as comfortable as possible, through our expertise and technologically advanced environment. To this effect, we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cashier
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for young and qualified individuals who will join our highly skilled and committed workforce to providing positive experiences for all our clients, making every effort to ensure their stay with us, is as comfortable as possible, through our expertise and technologically advanced environment.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for monitoring and handling the entire process of receiving payments from our clients.
- You will also run accounting software programs (e.g. SAGE) to process all business transactions.
- The candidate must have knowledge of hospital billing procedures with great attention to detail. Be able to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
- The goal for the role is to safeguard the hospital’s income and ensure daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures of the organization
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting
- Receive payments through various methods (cash, online payments etc.) and check for receipt confirmation.
- Compile and process information such as prices, discounts, tariffs etc.
- Ensure customers are billed correctly for services offered
- Request payment of pending debts in a firm yet professional manner
- Keep accurate records (customer information, received payments etc.)
- Negotiate payment arrangements whenever the arises
- Verify discrepancies in clients bill and resolve clients’ billing issues in a timely manner
- Facilitatepayment of refunds or claims dueby sending bill reminders and contacting all relevant department, including the client.
- Perform other accounting task as may be assigned to you from time to time
Qualification and Experience
- Proven working experience as Accounts Receivable officer.
- Solid understanding ofbasic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software (e.g. SAGE accounting software).
- Proficiency in speaking, writing and listening in English.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- BSC / HND in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- 1-3years experience in similar position.
Application Closing Date
16th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title and apllicant’s name as the subject of the email.
Note: Only applicants that meet the requirements will be contacted.