The Eye Foundation Hospital was started in 1993 as a high tech specialist Eye hospital capable of providing services comparable to those obtainable abroad. It is the first and foremost indigenous eye practice in the country that runs a group practice with many sub specialized ophthalmologists.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cashier
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- The Cashier will be responsible for receiving payment by cash, cheque, direct transfers or vouchers
- He/ She will also be responsible for issuing receipt, giving change when necessary to customers
- He/ She will also be responsible for posting payment received into necessary entry books and balancing the books at the end of each business day.
- Responsible for receiving and confirming bill for patient on the system; if bill amount is correct before collection of payment.
- In case of cash payment, you must ensure that appropriate amount is paid by verifying the cash paid by the patient.
- In case of cheque payment, the Consultant in charge of the patient must sign the bill approving the cheque collection.
- In the case of direct lodgment, transfer and POS, transactions must be confirmed approved before proceeding to issuing receipt.
- Receipt(s) will only be issued after payment is made.
- Posting of transaction into the QuickBooks appropriately.
- Balance transactions at the end of the day with Accountant/ Auditor.
- Report sign by both parties on the cash to be lodged.
- Responsible for summarizing corporate bills daily, weekly and monthly.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly reports
- Posting of journals.
- Preparation and Updating of ledgers.
- Preparation of assigned reports.
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor, manager & the Medical Director from time to time.
- Any other duties assigned by your Manager and the Medical Director.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting, Economics or any other Degree in Social Sciences.
- 2 years experience in a Cashiering role.
- Must be familiar with the use of Accounting Software.
Computer Savvy Skills:
- Must be an intermediate level user of Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Skills and Competencies:
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to Multitask
- Numerical Skills
- Quick to learn.
Application Closing Date
21st September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.