Norrenberger is a leading, independent financial services group that provides bespoke financial solutions that add value to our individual and institutional clients. Our component companies are licensed and regulated either by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) or the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) to provide Investment Banking, Fund Management, Financial Advisory and Foreign Exchange services to our discerning clientele.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- To build and deepen relationships with existing and potential clients by selling product / services of the company, particularly loans, to retail and MSME customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Grow the existing risk asset portfolio in line with the company’s strategy
- Identify, develop and cultivate relationships with customers within the retail and MSME segment that are in need of loans and advances to support their business
- Manage existing clients’ portfolio as well as develop new business opportunities by generating risk assets within the MSME and retail market
- Leverage the company’s existing relationship by developing and executing proactive, creative and on-going contact initiatives
- Prepare sales pitches, presentations and other documents required for client’s engagements
- Assist in the development, launching and sales of new product offering
- Act as liaison between the company and existing/prospective clients
- Responsible for ensuring the coordination, execution and monitoring of an extension of credit through the approval to maturity including the following
- Serving as the primary interface with the client
- Ensuring a complete, accurate and balanced assessment of risk in the credit approval presentation
- Coordinating the approval process managing information flow and ensuring that the credit follows the stated approval process for the facility limit
- Ensuring that clear communication between the company and the client is maintained and that the internal approvals are consistent with client expectations
- Ensuring compliance with related policies, especially the credit policy
- Ensuring that the approval documentation is complete
- Ensuring that the legal documentation is complete, consistent with the internal approvals and properly executed and filed.
- Ensuring quality and timely service delivery, within (or exceeding) customer expectations.
- Monitor industry trends and obtain necessary intelligence to be used as input for new product development
- Proactively manage client’s relationships and monitor the delivery of product / service proposition to clients
- Drive engagements and close sales of loan products with retail and MSME customers.
- Monitoring and Recovering of PDO’s / Expired loans.
- Ensure that collateral- properties, equipment and inventories hold by the organization are properly insured.
- Prompt identification of unauthorized balances and follow up with customer on early warning and remedial action on newly created PDOs.
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date customer account information.
- Negotiations / meetings with customers who want loan work out options such as refinancing, rescheduling and restructuring.
- Prepare call memos and progress reports on negotiations with debtors in respect of repayment of indebtedness.
- Follow up on release of security documents for loans which have been fully repaid
- Give priority attention to regularize outstanding legal and documentation issues on assigned portfolio.
- Staff training internally and externally as may be required
- Carry out such other duties that may be delegated to it by Head of Unit
- Candidates should possess Bachelor’s degree with 5 – 10 years work experience
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.