Heritage Group is an integrated building, civil engineering and infrastructure development consortium. We provide cutting-edge services in turnkey construction and contractor finance projects in luxury, medium, social & eco sustainable housing; construction of roads, hospitals, schools building, hotel & resort facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Building Services Officer (M & E)
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to Group Director of Projects
- To support building construction process, operation and maintenance of the mechanical, electrical, IT, CCTV and plumbing, building services to ensure all systems are fully operational and compliant.
- To manage the specialist suppliers in the year-round maintenance of building facilities
- Carry out planned, predictive and reactive maintenance on the mechanical, electrical, telecom, plumbing and other building element and services throughout the sites
- Undertake other duties within the scope of the construction and facilities function as requested by the management.
- Effective front desk service, follow up on requests and customer handling
- Effective knowledge in material scheduling, facilities service monitoring and follow-up with suppliers to ensure standards are met
- Effective administrative support to the department and record keeping
- Effective teamwork, flow of information and multi-skilling to provide cover across team.
- A Degree or equivalent professional qualification in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering / Building / Facilities and professional qualification e.g. RICS, ARIBA, RICE and or other relevant local & International professional bodies. Etc.
- NVQ / BTEC level / Degree in civil, mechanical & electrical engineering or equivalent professional qualification. Building services, Health and safety training and Specialist training ie. Water treatment, Waste treatment systems etc.
- Good understanding of technical and site care equipment, heating, air-conditioning, electrical and mechanical plant, lift systems and other services required for the effective maintenance and security of a fully automated workplace.
- Candidate should demonstrate a good background and excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and general building services experience within a maintenance environment
- Knowledge of the use of computer aided maintenance software packages in the 21st century workplace is essential for this job position.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Building services and Operation:
- Sufficient experience of providing a facilities or maintenance service in a busy organization
- Some experience of working with contractors and suppliers and monitoring of service standards
- Understanding of compliance requirements and working with service level agreements
- Proven experience of delivering excellent customer care and service in a large organisation
- Experience of complaints handling and follow up procedures
- Enthusiasm and commitment to learn about and get involved in the department’s activities
- Relevant experience of working in a comparable administrative office-based role
- Ability to prioritise workload, to work under pressure with a high level of organisational proficiency and initiative
- Strong computer skills with competency in Microsoft Office and database packages; experience of accurate data entry
- Good attention to detail and ability to follow department procedures
- Good numeracy skills, ability to process invoices accurately and efficiently
- The ability to deal tactfully, calmly and effectively with a wide range of people from within and outside the organisation
- Customer care in dealing with irate callers with tact and diplomacy, using effective complaints handling skills
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Excellent telephone manner, common sense and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to write clear, informative, customer focussed letters in a style appropriate to the reader
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team This Job Description reflects the current situation. It does not preclude change or development that might be required in the future.
- N800,000.00 – N1,200,000.00 gross per annum.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.