For African students the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with Arizona State University will provide graduate scholarships to train 25 Mastercard Foundation alumni at the Master’s level for various programs over the next 5 years (2021 – 2025). This scholarship program is situated within EdPlus, a central enterprise unit for ASU, focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education.
- Applicants must want to apply for one of the BAOBAB eligible programs.
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the degree of their choice, that includes a high level of English proficiency.
- Applicants must be a citizen of an African country.
- Applicants must be an alumnus of a Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program before July 2021.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 on or before the application deadline.
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community.
- Applicants must not have studied or intend to take up other graduate study before August 2021.
- Applicants must be able to live in Phoenix, Arizona for the duration of the program.
- Women, refugees and displaced persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
BAOBAB Eligible Programs
Scholarships are available for the following full time, on-campus graduate programs:
- User Experience, MS
- Graphic Information Technology, MS
- Computer Science, MS
- Information Technology, MS
- Software Engineering, MS
- Learning Sciences, MS
- Digital Culture, MA
The Scholarship will cover the following:
- Costs incurred for visa application processing.
- Costs incurred for English language tests.
- Costs incurred for GRE or other equivalent exams.
- Airfare to and from Phoenix, Arizona.
- Full tuition, books and fees.
- Participation in Scholarship programming.
Awards are tenable for the duration of the graduate program of study, and at the end of the award, candidates will be expected to return to Africa.
All applicants are advised to apply for the scholarship first and, if successful, will be assisted in the process of applying for admission to Arizona State University. Interviews via video or phone calls will be held during November 2020, with final decisions made by February 2021. All successful applicants will travel to Phoenix, Arizona to join the Program in July 2021.
Please note that applicants are entitled to make one application per year to the Program. All applicants, once registered, should have read and understood the Application Guidance before submitting an application to the Program to avoid any errors or incorrect information.
APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY ABROAD
1. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN NEW ZEALAND 2020-2021