ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS TO STUDY IN AUSTRALIA
To make the most out of your time studying in Australia, students need to meet some entry requirements. Academic and English language requirements will help you succeed in your course. Other requirements ensure you have important health insurance cover and can be looked after while you’re here.
English language requirements
Australian educational courses are taught in English. In some cases, you may need to provide results of an English language test. We require proof of your English language capabilities to ensure you can understand the course content.
The English language skill level required by an institution can be different from the skill level required for your student visa application. See studying and training visas for more information and check the institution’s website for any specific English language requirements.
The academic requirements (including evidence of English language skills) you need will vary depending on the level of course you want to study. Institutions can have different entry requirements, so read the course information on their website carefully and contact them if you need any advice or assistance.
Here is some general guidance on entry requirements for different levels of study:
- English language courses: Entry requirements vary between institutions, and according to the level of English language skills required for the course.
- Schools: Entry requirements vary between schools, depending on the state or territory. Academic performance and ability is considered during the application process.
- Vocational education and training (VET): In most cases, there are no entrance exams for VET institutions. However, some courses may require you to have studied specific subjects or completed work experience.
- Higher education undergraduate courses: You will need to have an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (Year 12) or the overseas equivalent. Some undergraduate courses may also have specific prerequisite subjects.
- Higher education postgraduate course: You must have completed at least one degree at undergraduate level. The institution may also consider your research ability or relevant work experience.
Tip: To meet the academic requirements of an Australian high school qualification, consider taking a foundation course. Also known as bridging study, they are intensive courses that will help you meet entry requirements. They are usually one-year long and are offered by most higher education institutions.
The student visa you need depends on your course. Here are some typical requirements:
- Receive an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate.
- Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.
- Prove you have sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency.
- Meet health and character requirements.
- Provide evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY ABROAD
1. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN SWEDEN 2021-2022
2. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN SWITZERLAND 2021-2022
3. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN THE UK 2021-2022
4. LATEST SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY ABROAD 2021-2022
JOIN OUR SCHOLARSHIP TELEGRAM GROUP TODAY