Menzon Limited is a professional Outsourcing Company with specialization in Human Capital Management, Training and Planning with key focus emphasizes, engagement of Professionalism in Human Capital Need analysis, Planning, Sourcing, Placement, Management and disengagement/exit with full compliance to GLOBAL STANDARDS.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Audit Consultant
Employment Type: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigate PUI internal system.
- Check the authenticity and validity of transactions which are done.
- Examine arithmetical accuracy of books of accounts, casting, balancing.
- Settling the current value of assets and liabilities.
- Plan and design an audit approach.
- Perform tests of controls and substantive tests of transactions.
- Perform analytical procedures and tests of details of balances.
- Complete the audit and issue an audit report.
- Meet overall objective of the audit, which is to express an opinion on the fairness with which the financial statements present fairly, in all material respects, the financial position, results of operations and cash flows in conformity with GAAP.
- By accumulating sufficient appropriate evidence for each audit objective, the overall objective is met.
- The accumulation of evidence is accomplished by performing the four phases of the audit.
- Assists in the implementation of control policies and procedures to ensure compliance and promote operational efficiency & transparency
- Conducts Internal / External Control evaluation and risk assessments to identify loopholes and areas requiring management intervention to prevent frauds, embezzlements, misappropriations, misuse, and wastage
- Conducts audit tests and investigations.
- Evaluates information security and associated risk exposures
- Coordinates and participates in periodic inventory count and fixed asset verification exercises.
- Evaluates the means of safeguarding company assets and as appropriate, verifies the existence of such assets
- Gathers data for internal audit through a variety of methods including interviews, financial research, downloads, etc
- Verifies the existence of documents vital to the operations of the various functions.
- Evaluates operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established processes, objectives, and goals and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned.
- Follows-up on the implementation of the audit recommendations and ensures that improvements are made to reduce the residual risks to appropriate levels.
- Minimum of Five (5) years relevant experience working as an Auditor.
- Must have an oil and gas industry background.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Accounting or any Finance related course.
- Relevant professional certifications e.g. Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) or Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- MBA or Master’s Degree in any related discipline.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter attached to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Kindly ensure that your CV is saved with your full name.