Ades was incorporated in 2004 and has been trading in the Royal Borough of Greenwich since then. Firstly as distributors of dried and smoked fish, and in 2006 the company expanded into selling catering supplies before opening the Cash & Carry in 2007. The company is managed by a dedicated team with extensive experience in the food industry and has maintained an excellent reputation in the industry over many years.
Our aim is to make top quality African and Caribbean foods and drinks accessible and affordable to consumers in and around London, the United Kingdom and in the EU.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Application Support Engineer
Location: Oyo, Nigeria
- Providing software application support under the supervision of the Senior Engineer.
- Performing analyses on software application functionality and suggesting improvements.
- Ensuring effective front end and back end functionality of applications.
- Consulting with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application performance.
- Establishing the root causes of application errors and escalating serious concerns to the Senior Engineer.
- Keeping a record of configuration changes and scheduling application updates.
- Documenting processes and monitoring application performance metrics.
- Providing front end support to clients and colleagues in other departments.
Requirements / Key Competencies
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, and Information Management preferable.
- Communication skills – verbal & written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Demonstrable experience as an Application Support Engineer in a related field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server is preferable.
- Knowledge of Sage 200 and programming language like C++ can be an advantage.
- Ability to manage document configuration changes, and monitor performance.
- Exceptional ability to provide front end support to internal departments and web-based clients.
- Proficiency in determining the causes of application errors and repairing them.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.