Devand is an innovative company driven to building brands and providing them with Up-to-date Digital Services and positioning them to thrive in their industry, giving them a better edge than their competitors and also building lasting relationships with their clients and customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Portharcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Full Time
- The ideal candidate will be involved with preparing financial reports and statements, bank reconciliations, and conducting cyclical audits.
- Moreover, the candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and possess strong business acumen.
- The Job role is for a Supermarket based in Portharcourt.
- Manage the accounting, finance, and administration components of the organization, including petty cash funds and office operations finance, accounting, and administrative activities
- Establish financial management systems, procedures and controls to ensure consistency with standard operating procedures and government policies.
- Maintaining accounts general ledgers.
- Management of cashflow and preparation of monthly cashflow projections.
- Preparation of annual accounts to trial balance stage, and liaising with the external auditor.
- Preparation of annual budgets for submission to Management and the Board
- Administration of the organization’s operational expense.
- Maintenance of all items posted unto the accounting system (vendors, supplier invoices, cash receipts and payments).
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet items such as stocks, debtors and receivables.
- Ensure the verification and reconciliation of all sales (cash, card and bank transfers) into the company accounts.
- Ensure that weekly bank reconciliation is carried out for all company accounts.
- Ensure the registration and approval of different goods and services supplied per time all new supplies must be checked for confirmation.
- Expense claims
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulation
- HND or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial statements and periodicals
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite ( Excel, Word etc.)
- Strong communication skills, problem identification and high level of numeracy
- Strong analytical and computer skills, especially with accounting software, spreadsheets, and financial analysis.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online