Alter for Change is an arm of A&PPL, a performance improvement consultancy business with its core value proposition to assist its clients with identifying, planning, and implementing operational performance improvement initiatives, in order to achieve operational performance excellence.
One attribute of the firm is our unique ability to marry technological expertise, business know-how, and transformation experience from a wide range of disciplines to our solutions, products, and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Maitama, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full Time
Roles and Key Responsibilities
Financial Accounting / Planning:
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
- Analysing client information and preparing plans best suited to the business and individual clients’ requirements;
- Collaborate with the Finance Manager and the Project Coordinators to create budgets for the company and for new projects;
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice;
- Provide timely and accurate financial reports on operations and capital projects;
- Project costing and valuation of Capital Projects for the company and clients;
- Maintaining accounting records and preparing accounts and management information;
- Perform bank and accounts reconciliation;
- Maintain fixed asset and inventory register
- Liaise with internal and external auditors as necessary.
Tax Planning and Statutory Management:
- Preparing tax returns for company and clients;
- Keeping company and clients compliant with their tax & other statutory obligations.
- Develop proposals and related documents as assigned;
- Conduct extensive market research, and the continuous gathering of information to keep the company abreast of current industry trends;
- Advising on business transactions.
HR / Administrative:
- Assist the Coordination of work within the HR unit;
- Provide assistance with writing related job descriptions;
- Assist with notices and advertisements preparations for vacant staff positions;
- Handle all related administrative chores;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
- B.Sc in Accounting with a minimum of three (4) years similar experience;
- ICAN / ACCA Qualified;
- General business interest and awareness;
- Organisational and time management skills;
- Strong analytical, numeracy, and problem-solving skills;
- Effective team working skills;
- Integrity and trustworthiness;
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Accounting software and Microsoft packages;
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications;
- Past working experience in Management Consulting;
- Past working experience in the Financial Sector
- Business development skills.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2020 (Midnight – Nigerian Time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single PDF / Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The Cover Letter should include why you want this role and why you are a suitable candidate, outlining relevant experiences;
- The candidate must be resident in Abuja and should be able to resume within short notice.
- Pre-employment checks will be required as part of our recruitment process in line with the company Safeguarding Policy.